Mazda Australia has launched the updated 2015 Mazda BT-50 in Melbourne today. After working closely with head office in Japan, Mazda Australia the redesign of the exterior and updated connectivity will help improve sales of the ute in Australia.
The mid-life update to the Mazda BT-50 sees the workhorse receive a host of updates including new front and rear design, updated center console and a new infotainment display.
Higher spec’d models like the XTR and GT now comes with a 7.8-inch high definition screen and Sat Nav and the option to upgrade to HEMA 4x4 maps is available for $295. With the new 7.8” screen rear view camera is standard on XTR and GT and as an option on all other grades.
XTR models now have tubular side steps, auto dimming mirrors, rain sensing wipers and auto on/off headlamps. While the GT now comes with heated exterior mirrors that fold and includes an embedded indicator. Privacy glass is now also standard.
Other highlights include XT with bench seat receiving a lockable glovebox, while the XT with bucket seat now allows the driver to raise or lower the seat and has adjustable lumbar support.
The 2015 Mazda BT-50 is available in 23 different variants, with three different body stylesSingle Cab, Freestyle Cab and Dual Cab and three different model grades XT, XTR and GT.
There is a choice of two engines diesel engine the 2.2 litre 4-cylinder 110kW and the 3.2 litre 5-cylinder 147kW, both come with either a 6-speed manual or 6-speed automatic transmission.
Towing capacity is 3,500kg for the 3.2litre engine and 2,500kg for the 2.2litre engine.
2015 Mazda BT-50 pricing by variant:
|4x2 Model||MLP (Old)||MLP (New)|
|6M 2.2L SINGLE C/CH XT 4X2||$25,570||$25,570|
|6A 2.2L SINGLE C/CH XT 4X2||$28,740||$28,815|
|6M 3.2L SINGLE C/CH XT 4X2||$28,740||$28,815|
|6M 3.2L FREESTYLE C/CH XT 4X2||$32,670||$32,745|
|6A 3.2L FREESTYLE C/CH XT 4X2||$34,670||$34,745|
|6M 3.2L DUAL C/CH XT 4X2||$34,670||$34,745|
|6M 3.2L DUAL CAB UTILITY XT 4X2||$36,170||$36,545|
|6A 3.2L DUAL CAB UTILITY XT 4X2||$38,170||$38,545|
|6M 3.2L DUAL CAB UTILITY XTR 4X2||$40,820||$41,630|
|6A 3.2L DUAL CAB UTILITY XTR 4X2||$42,820||$43,630|
|4x4 Model||MLP (Old)||MLP (New)|
|6M 3.2L SINGLE C/CH XT 4X4||$36,810||$36,850|
|6A 3.2L SINGLE C/CH XT 4X4||$38,810||$38,910|
|6M 3.2L FREESTYLE C/CH XT 4X4||$40,740||$40,815|
|6A 3.2L FREESTYLE C/CH XT 4X4||$42,740||$42,815|
|6M 3.2L FREESTYLE CAB UTILITY XTR 4X4||$46,890||$47,675|
|6A 3.2L FREESTYLE CAB UTILITY XTR 4X4||$48,890||$49,675|
|6M 3.2L DUAL C/CH XT 4X4||$42,740||$42,815|
|6M 3.2L DUAL CAB UTILITY XT 4X4||$44,240||$44,615|
|6A 3.2L DUAL CAB UTILITY XT 4X4||$46,240||$46,615|
|6M 3.2L DUAL CAB UTILITY XTR 4X4||$48,890||$49,700|
|6A 3.2L DUAL CAB UTILITY XTR 4X4||$50,890||$51,700|
|6M 3.2L DUAL CAB UTILITY GT 4X4||$51,140||$51,790|
|6A 3.2L DUAL CAB UTILITY GT 4X4||$53,140||$53,790|
Key Specifications changes and highlights by Mazda BT-50 variant
2015 Mazda BT-50 XT Key Features
- 16 inch steel wheels
- Headlamps (Halogen)
- Freestyle door system (Freestyle Cab Only)
- Power windows and mirrors (black)
- Seat trim: Black cloth
- Cruise control
- Rear step bumper (black) – Utility only
- Lockable glovebox
- Trip computer
- Audio system with: AM/FM tuner, single-disc CD player (MP3 compatible) and 4 speakers – Bluetooth® hands-free phone and audio capability
- Steering wheel-mounted audio controls
- Airbags SRS: front (driver and passenger) and curtain (driver and passenger) –
- Anti-lock Braking System (ABS), Dynamic Stability Control (DSC), Emergency Stop Signal (ESS), Hill Launch Assist (HLA), Roll Stability Control (RSC), Traction Control System (TCS) and Trailer Sway Control (TSC)
2015 Mazda BT-50 XTR FEATURES adds
- Same as Mazda BT-50 XT plus
- 17 inch alloy wheels
- Door handles (chrome)
- Front fog-lamps (Halogen)
- Headlamps auto on/off function
- Power mirrors (chrome)
- Rear-view mirror auto dimming
- Rear step bumper (chrome)
- Side steps (tubular, polished)
- Wipers (front) 2-speed with rain-sensing function
- Air-conditioning (dual-zone climate control)
- Floor covering: carpet
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel and gear shift knob
- Audio system with 6 speakers – Satellite navigation
2015 Mazda BT-50 GT adds
- Same as Mazda BT-50 XTR plus
- Power mirrors (heating and folding function) with turn indicator
- Privacy glass
- Front seats with 8-way power adjustment (driver)
- Black leather seat trim
Check back next week for our 2015 Mazda BT-50 review.