Volkswagen Australia has launched updated 6th generation Volkswagen Multivan and Caravelle in Australia this week.
The Multivan comes with a choice of two 2.0litre diesel engines, either the TDI340 producing 103kW at 3500rpm/340Nm at 1750-2500rpm or TDI450 which produces 150kW at 4000rpm/450Nm at 1400-2400rpm both diesel engines are matched to a 7-speed DSG transmission. Drive is to the front wheels expect for the Multivan Highline that can be optioned with Volkswagen’s 4Motion all wheel drive system.
The Volkswagen Caravelle is powered by the same TDI340 as the Multivan and generates the same power outputs or 103kW at 3500rpm/340Nm at 1750-2500rpm.
Fuel consumption varies across the range with the TDI340 claiming 7.7 litre per 100km on the combined cycle with the TDI450 providing better fuel figures using just 6.5L/100km.
The seven seat Multivan comes in a range of different spec levels starting at $49,990 for the Comfortline up to $80,490 for the range topping Executive model. The 9-seater Caravelle is available in only a single trim level and is priced from $49,990.
Volkswagen Multivan and Caravalle Line-up:
- Multivan Comfortline TDI340 DSG SWB — $49,990
- Multivan Comfortline TDI340 DSG LWB — $53,990
- Multivan Generation Six TDI450 DSG SWB — $74,990
- Multivan Highline TDI450 DSG SWB — $76,490
- Multivan Highline TDI450 DSG SWB 4Motion — $79,990
- Multivan Executive TDI450 DSG LWB — $80,490
- Caravelle Trendline TDI340 DSG LWB — $49,990
One of the highlights from the Volkswagen Mulitvan range is the limited edition Generation Six model that is based on the Highline variant but gains:
- Unique two-tone paints
- LED headlights/tail-lights/DRLs
- Rear privacy glass
- Alcantara seats
- Chrome exterior highlights
- 18-inch alloys silver or white finish
- Adaptive cruise control
- Colour TFT instrument display
- Coloured cabin inserts
- Power-folding exterior mirrors
- Heated front seats
- Electric side doors
The single variant Caravalle model is priced from $49,990 and offers seating for 9 at an affordable price. The no-frills approach still offers little luxuries including Auto Headlights, cruise control, Bluetooth and 5.0-inch touchscreen audio.
Key featrues highlights from 2016 Volkswagen Caravelle:
Caravelle Trendline TDI340 LWB
- Nine seats
- Four Isofix anchors
- Multi-collision brake
- Rear parking sensors
- Reverse-view camera
- Daytime running lights
- Automatic headlights
- Dual sliding side doors with sliding windows
- Trailer hitch preparation
- 16-inch steel wheels
- Full-size steel spare
- Front and rear air conditioning controls
- Cruise control
- Three-spoke multifunction steering wheel
- 5.0-inch touchscreen
- Digital speedo
- Roof lights full-length
- Carpet floor mat
- Cloth seats
Check back for a full 2016 Volkswagen Multivan review in the near future.