The all-new forth generation Mazda MX-5 will go on sale in Australia priced from $31,990 + orc. Buyers will be offered the choice of two engines and two transmissions across to model grades.
Australia will receive the 1.5litre engine first before Mazda launch the 2.0Litre models towards the end of the year.
The 1.5Litre SkyActive engine produces 96 kW @ 7,000 rpm and 150 Nm @ 4,800 rpm with fuel consumption a claimed 6.1L/100km (6MT) or 6.4L/100km (6AT).
The 2.0Litre in-line 4 cylinder (SKYACTIV-G) engine produces 118 kW @ 6,000 rpm and 200 Nm @ 4,600 rpm. Claimed combined fuel consumption figures are 6.9L/100km (6MT) or 7.1L/100km (6AT).
Pricing for the 2015 Mazda MX-5 is:
1.5L MX-5 Roadster
1.5L MX-5 Roadster GT
2.0L MX-5 Roadster
2.0L MX-5 Roadster GT
Standard features across the range include Bluetooth, power steering, air conditioning, Anti-Lock Braking System, Traction Control, Cruise Control and four airbags.
2015 Mazda MX-5 Key Features by model:
1.5L MX-5 Roadster Key Features
- 16“ alloy wheels (silver) 195/50 tyres
- Body coloured mirrors
- LED headlamps
- Cloth soft-top
- Black cloth seat trim
- Cruise control
- Trip computer
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel, handbrake handle and gear shift knob
- Audio system with AM/FM tuner and six speakers
- AUX & USB
- Steering wheel audio controls
- Advanced keyless push button engine start
- LSD (MT only)
- Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
1.5L MX-5 Roadster GT features additional to the Roadster include:
- 16“ alloy wheels (gunmetal)
- 195/50 tyres
- Headlamps auto on/off LED daytime running lamps
- Piano black mirrors (heated)
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Black or tan leather seat trim
- Seat warmers
- Auto-dimming rear-view mirror
- Climate control air-conditioning
- 7-inch touchscreen display (MZD Connect) Internet radio integration (Pandora®, StitcherTM and AhaTM)
- Multi-function commander control Premium Bose audio with nine speakers Satellite navigation
- Advanced keyless entry
2.0L MX-5 Roadster features additional to the 1.5L model include:
- 17“ alloy wheels (gunmetal) 205/45 tyres
- LED daytime running lamps
2.0L MX-5 Roadster GT additional to the 1.5L model include:
- 17“ alloy wheels (bright) 205/45 tyres
Optional extras are:
- Roadster - $788
- Roadster GT - $485
- 16” - $275 per wheel
- 17” - $312 per wheel
- Roadster GT - No Cost
- $2,605 - Front & Rear under Spoiler, air deflector, Side under spoiler and rear lip spoiler.
Click here to read our full 2015 Mazda MX-5 Review and First Drive.