Off the heels of the Mazda3 hatch, the Hiroshima-based automaker continues its Australian campaign with the Sedan, a more practical and slightly more sophisticatedly positioned alternative to its five-door twin.
Like the hatch, this is a car that many have been waiting to see and to potentially buy, but it first must well exceed the expectations of the same set of customers who know how much of a leap the previous generation offered upon its launch.
Armed with a sleek new design and promises of a premium interior and driving experience, the all-new Mazda3 will take all the credit it needs to in order to convince anyone that the revised (i.e higher) asking price is justified.
Starting at $24,990, Mazda asks no premium for the larger boot, providing 444-litres of cargo room before the rear seats are ordered to stand down. It also helps that the car also offers a fair bit more capacity than even the older model in identical spec.
Just as the proceedings kicks off at the same price for both the hatch and sedan in G20 Pure guise, the rest of the range is also mirrored to offer all variants in a choice of 2 body styles for the most coverage in buyer preference.
The same is also true mechanically as the Mazda3 sedan can also be had with either a 2.0-litre or 2.5-litre naturally aspirated SkyActiv-G petrol carried over from the previous generation, producing 114kW/200Nm or 139kW/252Nm, respectively.
In terms of features and equipment, the saloon is also reflective of the hatch, though as a baseline, the Pure receives a healthy helping of niceties such as an automatic windshield wipers and automatic LED headlights, an 8-inch MZD Connect infotainment system, and even adaptive cruise control.
For an added $1,500 over any variant, Mazda will install the Vision Technology pack which adds 360 degree camera system, adaptive LED headlights, and Front Cross Traffic Alert. Interested in the Soul Red Crystal Metallic, Machine Grey Metallic or the hatch-only shade of Polymer Grey Metallic, that’ll run you an extra $495.
- Mazda 3 Sedan - G20 Pure - Manual - $24,990
- Mazda 3 Sedan - G20 Pure - Automatic - $25,990
- Mazda 3 Sedan - G20 Evolve - Manual - $26,690
- Mazda 3 Sedan - G20 Evolve - Automatic - $27,690
- Mazda 3 Sedan - G20 Touring - Manual - $28,990
- Mazda 3 Sedan - G20 Touring - Automatic - $29,990
- Mazda 3 Sedan - G25 Evolve - Manual - $29,490
- Mazda 3 Sedan - G25 Evolve - Automatic - $30,490
- Mazda 3 Sedan - G25 GT - Manual - $33,490
- Mazda 3 Sedan - G25 GT - Automatic - $34,490
- Mazda 3 Sedan - G25 Astina - Manual - $36,990
- Mazda 3 Sedan - G25 Astina - Automatic - $37,990